A suit Stage comeback


A few years ago I gave away nearly all of my suits, shoes and dress pants for the slick jeans and designer sneakers that were the hipster fashion of the day. I was participate in the backlash against the suit--the uniform of the frat boy, bottle service guy that’s taken place in clubs over the last 10 years. Dressing downward became an art form and I traded in. I own maybe 60 plaid shirts.

Although now I’m getting tired of the casual. I desire to dress up again and I’m not the only one. The streets of my Nolita neighborhood are filled with tailors who supply to a newly thread-conscious crowd, who all want to look like Don Draper. Poull Brien, the man who hosts the best-dressed party in New York City, is most important the way.

For the last five or six years, people have been wearing plaid shirts, jeans, fashionable clothes, kicks to clubs. Most people dress up, but it is a much lower percentage than years ago. You have a party there that is particularly for people who want to dress up. Advise about party.

Followers